Hats are done!



I finished the two infant hats for my granddaughter (due in January). The yarn is Debbie Bliss' cashmerino. I knitted the five petal flower, which I had never done before, but it was great fun! I raided Mumsy button box and used these vintage buttons.


This hat pattern, also made from cashmerino, is an original. In honor of my granddaughter the pattern is called Hayley's Button hat. Catchy, ah? A co-worker has ordered one of each (pink and navy blue).

The story of my spinning wheels: The first year I learned to spin I purchased an Ashford Traditional.
It was rescued from non-use and was refurbished by Julie Caldwell. She gave me "such a deal"! And in honor of my great aunt Emmeline Pratt Bluth, (who was a spinner, knitter, seamstress extraordinare), I named this wheel Emm. I am of the belief that things work better if they have a name. My car's name is Bob.

Anyway, for my birthday this year I decided to buy a traveling wheel. This time I bought a HitchHiker from Three Wishes.


This wheel felt like a boy wheel and I wanted to give him a strong British type name. Thus, the hitchhiker was named Cedric. So, there they are.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath