Try Try Again

Conquering Fears

I am just going to jump right in and blog. How's that?!

I have had an amazing weekend!! Saturday, Maureen was so very kind and came to my home to show me how to use my Ashford drum carder (that I have had for 2 years). With a few minor adjustments we were able to mind-meld and it cards beautifully. Maureen helped me conquer my fear of the crazy thing and now I am on fire!!

A couple years ago I bought some wonderful raw fleece from Heindselman's. It is a beautiful brown with (what I think is wonderful), sun-bleached tips. This is the fiber I chose to card. It came out a lovely heather-y colour.

I look forward to long and happy relationship with my Ashford Drum Carder. And I am very grateful for Maureen's kindness in sharing her time and experience with me.

Mumsy is recovering nicely from her surgery and treatments for breast cancer. She is my very best friend and I am very grateful I get to keep her longer. She is my greatest support and the best fiber enabler you could every ask for. She is very talented and creative in her own right, as you will see in the future.

I am currently knitting two hats for my granddaughter (due to be born in January 2008), a crocheted tank for my daughter-in-law, and Harry Potter scarf bookmarks for people at work for Christmas. And I always have leper bandage in my church bag that I knit during church. Photos of all projects to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath