Ah! Victory



These are my very first Magic Loop socks. They are no long the bane of my existance. Aside from the tops of the cuffs being not stretchy enough they fit very well and are super comfy. I knitted them toe up from a pattern I found on the internet (Knitting 2 Socks at One Time). They are not perfect but I learned tons!

Things I have learned knitting these socks:

1. My handspun sock yarn needs to be more consistent. One skein was thicker than the other.

2. I luuuuuvvvvve short row heels, it uses way less brain cells to do heels this way than heel flap, gusset, not so much. But, can do it.

3. I need to learn the stretchy cast off.

4. Pay attention when you are doing the wrap stitches or else you get funny little string on the outside of your socks.

5. So many sock patterns, so much sock yarn, so little time. (thank goodness they are so portable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath