Knitting Saturday

I can't remember the last time I had an entire day to knit or spin! You may think "big deal, I never get an entire day to do..." The difference is I have no children at home, (close by, yes, of course), but it just Mumsy and me and puppy. I'm an empty nest-er for crying out loud!
So, today was my day. I had Mumsy full support and enabling. She went to the temple and I stayed home like a heathen. She even brought home Taco Bell for lunch. Puppy napped close by in case I needed anything, like a moment to pet her. And so determined was I to knit, I didn't even take a nap. I finished the "Flower Bud" scarf for my daugther-in-law. I had several unraveling moments...the switching of wrong and right sides. I know it's a special gift, it takes years to perfect this kind of error. But, comes so naturally to me. Anyway, it is finished and beautiful and think she will love it.

Now, back to the socks that have been the challenge of the last couple months. I bought this book on Amazon "2-at-a-time Sock" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes.

Finally, a book that addresses the 'Knitting Two at Once on One Circular Needle'. I have purchased about five books online, hoping to find the right one, only find it wasn't. Mumsy nearing banned me from book purchasing, because of the obsession. But, peace again is in the home.

We also picked up Issue 36 of Simply Knitting, which has a novel approach to sock knitting, no heel just a tube. It also sounds very appealing at this time.

Comments

Hope you enjoy the book! Please email me if you have any questions. Also, if you're on Ravelry there's a group called "Friends of Melissa" that was started by...well...a friend of Melissa that can offer a ton of support.

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath