Over 40
So, I tried a couple different yarns, and decided to use 100% Mercerized Crochet Cotton. Due to the weight of the yarn, used size 0 circular needles. Next challenge how many stitches to cast on.
After four different casting on episodes, I remembered, that I have heard that you can wrap the yarn around your head three times, and use that length to cast on using the long tail cast-on.
Yeah!! Cast-on conquered. Next challenge, trying to see the darn stitches. And when I dropped a stitch, and tried to see the stitch to fix it. OH, MY WORD!! Let's say, it will haunt me in my worst knitting nightmares for a very long time. There are holes, there are uneven stitches, there is a mess that is stitched together with a darning needle at the top of the hat...yet it is finished.
The things we do for our children. Hopefully, he will like it. If he doesn't, he can use it to polish his car.
Comments