Am I Invisible?
Last week I invited myself to knit with an established knitting group I heard about that meets once a week. I won’t say who because that wouldn’t be fair or kind. But I want to give a heads up to other groups out there. New blood is good for groups and should be welcomed and at least given a chance to blend.
I quietly entered their meeting place. It was a very cute place and the owners/workers were very nice and friendly and the food was very good. But, the group of ladies (which know each other fairly well I would guess) truly, did not give me the time of day. I was obviously new to them. I am a very quiet person, but most definitely NOT shy!! If I had been greeted with more than “hi”, I would have introduced myself, etc, etc. I waited for some kind of invitation. I could have jumped right in and pushed my way in. But, I would rather be welcomed. I ordered food, knit, ate, listened intently to the conversions. It felt like if they ignored me I would go away, so I did. I was there a little over an hour, people came and went. Nothin’. I went home feeling dejected and sad.
So, it isn’t the group for me. I am still searching for a once a week group with whom to knit and learn. I can knit at home, but I like the social aspects of knitting in a group. Where you can visit and share ideas and learn from each other. Anyway, I will keep searching for a group close to home where I can blend in.
I quietly entered their meeting place. It was a very cute place and the owners/workers were very nice and friendly and the food was very good. But, the group of ladies (which know each other fairly well I would guess) truly, did not give me the time of day. I was obviously new to them. I am a very quiet person, but most definitely NOT shy!! If I had been greeted with more than “hi”, I would have introduced myself, etc, etc. I waited for some kind of invitation. I could have jumped right in and pushed my way in. But, I would rather be welcomed. I ordered food, knit, ate, listened intently to the conversions. It felt like if they ignored me I would go away, so I did. I was there a little over an hour, people came and went. Nothin’. I went home feeling dejected and sad.
So, it isn’t the group for me. I am still searching for a once a week group with whom to knit and learn. I can knit at home, but I like the social aspects of knitting in a group. Where you can visit and share ideas and learn from each other. Anyway, I will keep searching for a group close to home where I can blend in.
Comments