Busy Bee
Yes, I have been a very busy bee! I have finished a few projects. And I feel they are fairly successful. First is this lovely Irish Hiking Scarf. It is made from yarn I spun from 2007's guild dye exchange. The yarn is a combination of my dyed roving and Mumsy's dyed roving. It is so soft and stretchy. It is just long enough to tie once and leave 8 inch tails. Small enough to tuck in a pocket if it gets too warm for a scarf while hiking. I'm very happy with the finished project.
The next project is something I have been planning to do for almost a year. The Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness Socks for Mumsy. It has been almost a year since she was diagnosed. And she is doing very well. The pattern for these socks were cuff down, but I did them toe up. So, I had to use the chart upside-down and backwards. I think it turn out pretty good. Taylor likes them.
Mumsy surprised me with this FABULOUS BAG from Unwind. Isn't it GORGEOUS!!! It is pink and soft and huge. It carries everything I need. Isn't Mumsy the best?!!!
So I wanted to do something fun and useful for Mumsy in return. I went to Wool Cabin and bought some skeins of Classic Cotton in cool Sage colour. With the purchase of the yarn you get the pattern for these elegant face clothes. They are sooo simple but sooo beautiful and very practical.
And just for fun I knitted this cute ring with some hand spun and add pretty little stone to make it flashy.
I have had a great week of knitting! And I'm all reved up for Retreat. I will take pictures and report back.
The next project is something I have been planning to do for almost a year. The Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness Socks for Mumsy. It has been almost a year since she was diagnosed. And she is doing very well. The pattern for these socks were cuff down, but I did them toe up. So, I had to use the chart upside-down and backwards. I think it turn out pretty good. Taylor likes them.
Mumsy surprised me with this FABULOUS BAG from Unwind. Isn't it GORGEOUS!!! It is pink and soft and huge. It carries everything I need. Isn't Mumsy the best?!!!
So I wanted to do something fun and useful for Mumsy in return. I went to Wool Cabin and bought some skeins of Classic Cotton in cool Sage colour. With the purchase of the yarn you get the pattern for these elegant face clothes. They are sooo simple but sooo beautiful and very practical.
And just for fun I knitted this cute ring with some hand spun and add pretty little stone to make it flashy.
I have had a great week of knitting! And I'm all reved up for Retreat. I will take pictures and report back.
Comments