Spinning at Windybrook
I was able to attend spinning saturday at the home of the Windybrook Spinner. It was really fun! CJ and Dave attended too. I thought it was very nice of them to fit the event into their travelling agenda. It was so nice to see them and visit for a couple hours. The day was beautiful and our hostess has a very warm and inviting home, and it is even more fun to see the whole family at home. I love little children, it made me miss my grandbabies. Thank you for your kind hospitality.
Last Tuesday I taught my little beginner's knitting class. Thankfully, the group was small. Because there is never enough of you to help everyone at the same time. I used videos from KnittingHelp.com to show the basics. I gave them a pattern for the Idiot's Dishcloth as their project. I hoped it would be simple enough yet useful enough to get them to stick with it. I made the knitting needles myself out of dowels and thumb-tacks, to show them they didn't need to spend alot to get started. I hope a few will catch the fever.
In the past few weeks I have been on a mission to find opportunities to socialize with as many spinning and knitting folks as I can. I have found some very wonderful places to make my home away from home and inspire me to be more creative.
Soul Spun - Wednesday Nights 6-9 pm, is open knitting. The group is sometimes small but they are very inviting and you can make fast friends. And of course you are surround by lovely yarn and fun knit pieces to inspire you. I wish my schedule would allow more than one or two visits a month.
Sunday I attended the Blazing Needles open knitting (12-5 pm). This group started small but got very large as the day progressed. Again, they were very inviting and wonderful to get help from if you are having trouble with your project. There are nice big windows that open to a nice cosy garden area. The garden area will be great to visit in the spring and summer. The group sits around a large table covered with fun magazines and knitting notions. The table is next to a fire-place for those of us with warm hearts but cold feet. I felt like I was at a family reunion, because you all have something in common. Fiber Addict. And I can't wait until the next Sunday.
And of course, I will be joining the Knitting Guild. They meet at the Murray Library on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm.
I'm quiet but not shy. And all of these groups are wonderful for those of us that want to be a part of fiber community.
Last Tuesday I taught my little beginner's knitting class. Thankfully, the group was small. Because there is never enough of you to help everyone at the same time. I used videos from KnittingHelp.com to show the basics. I gave them a pattern for the Idiot's Dishcloth as their project. I hoped it would be simple enough yet useful enough to get them to stick with it. I made the knitting needles myself out of dowels and thumb-tacks, to show them they didn't need to spend alot to get started. I hope a few will catch the fever.
In the past few weeks I have been on a mission to find opportunities to socialize with as many spinning and knitting folks as I can. I have found some very wonderful places to make my home away from home and inspire me to be more creative.
Soul Spun - Wednesday Nights 6-9 pm, is open knitting. The group is sometimes small but they are very inviting and you can make fast friends. And of course you are surround by lovely yarn and fun knit pieces to inspire you. I wish my schedule would allow more than one or two visits a month.
Sunday I attended the Blazing Needles open knitting (12-5 pm). This group started small but got very large as the day progressed. Again, they were very inviting and wonderful to get help from if you are having trouble with your project. There are nice big windows that open to a nice cosy garden area. The garden area will be great to visit in the spring and summer. The group sits around a large table covered with fun magazines and knitting notions. The table is next to a fire-place for those of us with warm hearts but cold feet. I felt like I was at a family reunion, because you all have something in common. Fiber Addict. And I can't wait until the next Sunday.
And of course, I will be joining the Knitting Guild. They meet at the Murray Library on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm.
I'm quiet but not shy. And all of these groups are wonderful for those of us that want to be a part of fiber community.
Comments