Pink and pretty

This is the second Irish Hiking Scarf I have done. I love this pattern because it is so easy. And I can remember the 8 row pattern. The pattern calls for a size 8 needle and worsted-weight yarn. But, I am doing this scarf on size 4 needles and lace-weight yarn.
I handspun this yarn on a drop spindle. I can't remember where I got the fiber but it is one of my favorites. It's PINK. It has a touch of flash, too. I think it will be very elegant.
The Safari Vest is in limbo land right now. I need more fiber to spin for the yarn. I may have to take a trip to see Judy's Novelty Yarns. The colorway is Lothlurien. The yarn is Navajo-plyed.I am also itching to do another pair of socks. But what pattern to use, hmm? Wendy D. Johnson just finished a pair of Sunflower Socks. But, the pattern won't be available for a couple more weeks. I will have to do something else in the meantime.
Oh, and I have treadle envy. This is Shirley's upgraded Hitchhiker, with a double treadle. Pr-ett-y slick!!
I forgot to take a picture of Cedric, I have added a little art to him. Watch for it in the next blog.

Comments

Chelsea said…
Looks like you're busy busy. I've been crocheting a lot more since Sean (my hubby) left on Saturday. It helps me to keep calm cool and collected around an active toddler (Malachi).
Hope you and Grandma are doing well. Sending you hugs and kisses from Malachi.

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath