Precious Pals

I spent Friday and Saturday evening (until Midnight) at Three Wishes Fiber Arts, knitting sweaters for Teddy Bears for the Cottonwood Police department for their Precious Pals program. The officers carry these cute little bears in their cars to give to children they may find during stressful situations. It is a wonderful program.

Three Wishes had a friendly competition with Unraveled Sheep. Patrons of Three Wishes were able to contribute of 75 sweater, patrons of Unraveled Sheep contributed over 100. Fantastic success for both locations. (But, ours were cuter, My Blog, my opinion!)
We were able to use up quite abit of yucky acrylic yarn for this project, (the sweaters needed to be machine washable.) These are the little sweaters I made.The top four sweaters were knitted top down Rollneck Sweater. I did do a little embellishment designs on a couple.
This little sweater was the Precious Pals pattern. You knit the bottom up to the sleeves, leave a neck opening and finish the sleeves and knit the back down. Then you just seam the sides.
Very fun! I had a fantastic time at Three Wishes. We had the best time and made the best sweaters. Thanks Kristine and Marielle for being fabulous hostesses!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another one succumbs to temptation.

Taylor's New Sweater

Catching my breath